Two billboards, crowd-funded in part by a Reddit co-founder, showed up in the district of the original author of SOPA legislation, GOP Rep. Lamar Smith of TX. One of them is apparently right outside his office. I love it! This is exactly what’s needed. Constituents who care about the internet being free from interference need to make sure they let their elected officials know, because contacting them does work. Fight for the Future is doing great work informing the public on these web destroyers and Breadpig has t-shirts available you can buy to help get the word out and support Fight for the Future and The Internet Defense League.
FREE MEDIA!TUGM is a community-arts organization dedicated to locally-produced transmedia. What is transmedia? We like to think of it as: VIDZ PIX TXT TRAX. We advocate for independent artists and content creators. We produce live events to strengthen the local arts community. We also organize our own original transmedia productions. Based in Chicago. Shy, Ill 4EVA
- What It Is — Nonpronto — True Blue Sessions: youtu.be/HmczKbN3fNA via @YouTube The great #Nonpronto guys play live at Chicago Tatt parlor. 1 week ago
SEARCH the MULTIPLEX
- Anti-Porn Thief and Inspiration for TUGM’s “Sisters of No Mercy”, Charles Keating Jr., Dies
- Elephant and Worm (EWTV) Returns to Television Tomorrow!
- Mediatrocities #10– Free Media: The Manifesto of The Underground Multiplex
- Internet Hater Chris Dodd Wants Technology to Help Boost Sagging Theater Attendance
- Mediatrocities #9: Rare Interview with 91 Year-Old Chicago Artist and Internet Sensation Gene “No Princess” Bowen